Gas Safety Certificate for Landlords

Gas safety certificates is becoming a legal requirement for landlords, as a record of annual gas safety checks in the property, within 28 days of the annual check being completed or before a new tenant moves in. Whether it be private landlords, a council or housing associations, a copy of the gas safety certificate must be provided to any landlord renting.

Landlords will have to hire a Gas Safe engineer to keep a record of the checks carried out and keep a list of all gas appliancesand other fittings on the gas safety certificate for landlords. Any defects or further actions would additionally be noted. If a tenant owns the gas appliances, the landlord is not responsible for getting them safety checked, however the landlord may still be responsible for maintenance of pipe work and any chimney or flue that serves the appliances. In which case, the tenant and the landlord should arrange a check and have a gas safety certificate for landlords issued.

Even if a property is rented for a short period of time (i.e. holiday accommodation), the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations still stand for the landlord to abide by. These regulations include maintaining; pipe work, appliances, chimneys and flues, annual checks of appliances and still providing a gas safety certificate for landlords.

If you are a landlord and you need to look into acquiring a gas safety certificate for landlords, please submit your desired job on My London Tradesmen and you will receive up to three quotes from three different companies most suited to your requirements. All tradesmen that are suggested to you are trustworthy, receive up-to-date training and are registered with all the necessary bodies. The steps to take are simple, in order for you as a landlord to legally obtain a gas safety certificate for your rented property.

Safety Certificate