Gas Safety Certificate
In 1996, the government passed a law that all landlords who rent part or all of a property must have all gas pipe work and appliances checked and certified every twelve months to make sure the installation meets gas safety regulations. A Gas Safety Certificate is valid for a year from the date they are issued.
Every rental property that has any sort of gas appliance, whether it is a central heating boiler, a gas stove or even a gas fire, requires a Gas Safety Certificate. These gas certificates can only be issued by a technician registered with the Gas Safe register. The Gas Safe register has now superseded CORGI as the sole legally recognised gas safety register in the UK, as of the 1st April 2009.
During a gas safety inspection the Gas Safe engineer will need to check a number of things before a gas safety certificate can be issued.
Checks Made When Issuing A Gas Safety Certificate
- Check appliance for gas tightness
- Check standing and working pressures if test points are available
- Check burner pressure/gas rate against manufacturers guidelines
- Check for satisfactory provision of all necessary ventilation
- Test flue flow to ensure removal of combustion products
- Check all the flame failure devices have satisfactory operation
- Check for physical stability, presence and effectiveness of stability brackets (where appropriate)
- Investigate any evidence of unsafe operation and report to the person responsible
A gas safety certificate (CP12) will contain information such as: the gas appliances in the property and where they are located, the address, date of inspection and any defects to the gas appliances including any remedial action that has been or requires undertaking.
Once you have submitted your job via our online form, My London Tradesmen will contact companies on your behalf, you will receive up to 3 quotes leaving you to make an informed decision regarding the best tradesman to employ based on the quotes you have received.
All of the tradesmen we use have received up to date training and are registered with all the necessary bodies. We only use reputable and trustworthy tradesmen.