A boiler service is important for a number of reasons; a gas boiler is often run every day in the home, and depending on the workload can wear faster than other appliances. Simple faults in a boiler are easy and inexpensive to fix. However, if the faults are ignored it can be detrimental, resulting in the whole system needing to be replaced at a large expense. The most important reason for a having a boiler serviced is to check for Carbon Monoxide leaks, If this goes undetected it could prove dangerous to you and your family.
It is recommended that you have a boiler service annually. A boiler service normally takes about an hour to complete.
A boiler service is essential for safety, energy efficiency, and ensuring you get the longest possible life out of your boiler.
What is checked during a boiler service?
- Gas boilers, controls, heat exchanger, ignition and components will all be checked and cleaned
- Ventilation and gas soundness will be tested
- Combustion Analysis tests (in accordance with Health and Safety regulations)
- Gas pressure checked according to manufacturers regulations
- The boiler seal is tested
- Visual inspection is carried out to check for corrosion and leak
- Emptying of any condensate trap waste
Once you have submitted your job via our online form, My London Tradesmen will contact companies on your behalf, you will receive up to 3 quotes leaving you to make an informed decision regarding the best tradesman to employ based on the quotes you have received.
All of the tradesmen we use have received up to date training and are registered with all the necessary bodies. We only use reputable and trustworthy tradesmen.