Cavity Wall Insulation
Did you know up to 35% of your heat is lost through un-insulated cavity walls? If you insulate cavity walls you can reduce your heat loss and save around £110 per year on your fuel bills. Cavity wall Insulation is not only cost effective but often pays for itself in a few years.
The average cost for installing cavity wall Insulation is £225 and you may be entitled to a number of grants the government have set up which means you pay very little or in some cases, nothing.
The chances are if your property is built after 1920 then you have cavity walls. A cavity wall is when the external wall is made with two layers and a small gap also know as cavity wall between them, thus cavity wall insulation is to simply fill that gap.
Generally speaking, your home will be suitable for cavity wall Insulation if the external walls are unfilled cavity walls.
How do I know if I am eligible for the cavity wall Insulation grant?
Well, for the 50-70% grant, any private tenant, home owner or occupiers are eligible these falling upon that you have an independent income.
For the 100% you will be eligible if you receive one or more of the following;
- Attendance Allowance
- Child tax credit with an annual income of under £16,000
- Council tax credit this will need to include a disability premium
- Disability living allowance/ Disability pension
- Housing benefits and Income support
- Income based job seekers allowance
- State Pension Credit
- War Disablement Pension this must include a mobility supplement or Constant Attendance Allowance
- Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit this must also include a mobility supplement or Constant Attendance Allowance
- Working Family Tax Credit with an annual income of under £16,190
Once you have submitted your job via our online form, My London Tradesmen will contact companies on your behalf, you will receive up to 3 quotes leaving you to make an informed decision regarding the best tradesman to employ based on the quotes you have received.
All of the tradesmen we use have received up to date training and are registered with all the necessary bodies. We only use reputable and trustworthy tradesmen.