How to Prepare your Home for Winter
As the evenings are getting shorter and the last of the autumn leaves begin to fall from the trees it is time to start preparing your house for winter. Here are six useful tips on how to best make sure that your home is ready for the approaching season.
1) It is important to seal any cracks around windows and doors. This will make sure that no heat is lost through these gaps.
2) Having a boiler service can help ensure that your boiler is in good working order and won’t break down when you need it most. Nobody wants to be without hot water and heating, so safeguard against this by booking a service with Gas Boilers Servicing today.
3) Cavity, wall and loft insulation is all important to help keep your home warm and cosy. Insulation is a quick and easy way of saving money on your energy bills and also helps reduce carbon dioxide emissions. According to the Energy Saving Trust: “if everyone in the UK installed 270mm loft insulation, we could save nearly £500 million – and 2.7 million tonnes of carbon dioxide every year, the equivalent of taking nearly 100,000 cars off the road.”
4) Power flushing your central heating system and installing a MagnaClean filter will help to ensure that your system is working at maximum efficiency and prevent cold spots on radiators.
5) Using draft excluders can help keep out cold gusts of air. These are cheap to buy and can even be made yourself!
6) Double or triple glazing can be very important in keeping your home warm and protected against the elements.
Hopefully by following these six simple steps preparing your house for winter will be a quick and straightforward process.