Cavity wall insulation tips
One of the main reasons why you should get a cavity wall insulation installed into your home is that it will be able to help reduce heat loss and save you money on your fuel bills. Here is some cavity wall insulation tips to aid you when making a decision about cavity wall insulation:
• You can obtain a grant for cavity wall insulation if you fall under certain categories such as if you are over 70 or on benefits.
• Your home will be suitable for cavity wall insulation if the external walls are unfilled cavity walls, the brick work is in good condition and your cavity wall is at least 35mm wide (or 50mm for some forms of insulation).
• If your home was built in the last 10 years it is likely that the cavity is already insulated.
• Some walls exposed to extreme weather and driving rain can be unsuitable for cavity wall insulation.
• The installation of cavity wall insulation does not take a long time, only between 2-3 hours although this can depend on the size of your house.
• Other benefits that you may not have known about are that cavity wall insulation helps to reduce carbon dioxide which is one of the main greenhouse gases that can come from things that are in your home.
• As well as keeping your house warm in the winter you will also notice that your house will feel cooler in the summer when you have had a cavity wall insulation installed.
Mylondontradesmen.co.uk is an easy to use website that will save you the hassle of searching through the internet and having to make phone calls to find a reputable and reliable contractor who can carry out your cavity wall insulation or simply give you more cavity wall insulation tips. Mylondontradesmen.co.uk will do all the hard work for you and find you up to 3 quotes. So don’t delay! Send mylondontradesmen.co.uk your quotes today for a professional and quality service.